We have been busy as squirrels this month! When it has not been raining, we went outside on a nature walk looking for acorns, leaf types, signs of Fall, and we found a few squirrel nests at the top of the trees at the bottom of our playground.
In the sensory table, we have a variety of seeds, corn, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. The children have been scooping, sorting seeds, and we introduced estimating and volume using different size containers.
The letters Ee, Ff, and Gg, and the numbers 3 and 4 were introduced. We are continuing self-portraits for our portfolio work. The children have made great progress from September, October, and November. Families, friends, and food are a few topics that we have started to discuss.
Thank you for signing up for food or supply donations for our two Halloween parties. The children enjoyed a special snack and getting to see each other’s costumes or shirts. Our Trunk or Treat was a success again! It was nice to see new families in our school community attend and have a fun time.
* The last book orders for this year are due Tuesday, November, 20. We will NOT be sending out book orders before Christmas.
*There is a sign in and sign out board at the door. Please try to sign in AND sign out your child.
* Thank you to those who have brought in tissues, hand soap, and markers for donations for the classroom.
* Please remember, not to send a sick child to school. If your child has a temperature of 101, or has vomited, or diarrhea, or persistent cough, or a rash, and/ or a green discharge from their nose, PLEASE do not send them into school until they have been symptom free for 24 hrs.
*Also, with the weather being cold and chilly, please remember to shut off your vehicle when dropping off AND picking up your child.
Please start to pack a winter hat, winter mittens, and warm jackets for your child. The weather on the hill is always changing and a bit colder. The classroom is fairly warm, but please dress your child in warmer clothes or pack an extra sweatshirt or sweater for them to wear if they get cold.
· School closings, I will notify through email and also post on the Mad Brook Academy Facebook page.
Save the Dates
* We will be CLOSED Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23 for Thanksgiving break.
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.
· Thursday, December 13th, we will have our Christmas program for ALL the children and families @10:30am
· All the children will be performing songs and fingerplays for parents and families.
· If you child does NOT regularly attend a Thursday morning, please drop them off in our classroom @9:45am. The program room will be open at that time for you to sit.
· We have 33 families that will be attending, so please be kind and fair saving seats for the show.
· After the program, the children who will be leaving, will exit from the front room in that building. Please see me, if a Thursday child is leaving with a parent or grandparent.
· The full day Thursday children are welcome to stay for their regular day.
· We will have NO afternoon preschool on this day.
· Any questions, please ask me.
The past few years, we have done a small Holiday cookie party for the children. This year the cookie parties will be Monday, December 17th and Tuesday, December 18th. For these days, we will have a sign-up sheet to bring in items for the children to decorate two sugar cookies. If your child does not attend a Monday or Tuesday, please see me to let me know which day they maybe attending.
Monday, December 24th- Tuesday, January 1, 2019 we will be CLOSED for Christmas break. We will re-open on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
We are now registering for our fall preschool programs.
**We have afternoon preschool available.
am 9-11:30am 2 day, 3 day, or 5 day
pm 12:30-3pm 2 day, 3 day, or 5 day
daycare options 1 -5 days, part time or full day
open during February, April, and summer vacations.